4000 Meter Depth Rated Underwater Laser Scanner with easy MUX and IMU Integration - 10 Meter Range
The M4000UW underwater laser
scanner operates by optical triangulation. The projected laser line sweeps the target surface and the high-resolution camera,
centered on the target, captures any deformation of the line and sends the information to the surface laptop or control console where the Newton-developed
algorythms create and record a point cloud, enabling precise, post-session dimensioning using industry standard three-dimensional software.
- IMU and MUX Integration The M4000UW easily integrates with any MUX and IMU devices for power, communication and postion data.
The PL4000UW only requires 24VDC at less than 1 Amp and GigEthernet from the MUX on the ROV/AUV. Extremely low power for AUV usage.
- Live Camera View The M4000UW, unlike other underwater laser scanners, contains a live operator camera view that greatly
simplifies scanning, shortens scanning time and increases accuracy.
- Extremely High Accuracy  With a longer base line and higher resolution camera than any other underwater laser scanner,
the PL4000UW has the highest accuracy in the industry.
- No Operating Componets Exposed to the Water The M4000UW is designed with all operating componets fully contained
behind the pressure boundries.
- Designed for Easy ROV/AUV Mounting The M4000UW requires only GigEthernet and 24VDC from the ROV/AUV at a very low current draw.
Convenient mounting pedestals and mounting pads allow for simple gripping or bolting to any ROV/AUV.
- Scan Area The M4000UW has a scan area of 8.4 Meters by 6.7 Meters at 10 Meters distance from the scanned objects.
- CAD Model Resolution The M4000UW produces scans with CAD resolutions down to 0.02MM depending on the distance from
the scanned object, IMU update rate and the speed of travel.
- All Digital Data  All data is transmitted to the surface or the AUV vis GigEthernet for permanet storage and later analysis.
- SS Construction  300 Series Stainless Steel.
- Streamlinded Design  For low current drag.
Newton Labs developed and manufactures the PL4000UW Underwater
Laser Scanner specifically to gather highly-accurate non-contact
measurements in subsea eviroments.