4000 Meter Depth Rated Underwater Laser Scanner Measures With Sub-Millimeter Accuracy
The M4000UW underwater laser
scanner operates by optical triangulation. The projected laser line sweeps the target surface and the high-resolution camera,
centered on the target, captures any deformation of the line and sends the information to the control console where the Newton-developed
algorythms create and record a point cloud, enabling precise, post-session dimensioning using industry standard three-dimensional software.
Although specifically designed for use in fresh or salt water, these versatile scanners can also operate in air.
- Live Camera View The M4000UW, unlike other underwater laser scanners, contains a live operator camera view that greatly
simplifies scanning, shortens scanning time and increases accuracy.
- No Moving Parts Exposed to the Water The M4000UW is designed with all moving componets fully contained
behind the pressure boundries.
- Designed for Easy ROV/AUV Mounting The M4000UW requires only GigEthernet and 24VDC from the ROV/AUV at a very low current draw.
Convenient mounting pedestals and mounting pads allow for simple gripping or bolting to any ROV/AUV.
- Scan Area The M4000UW has a scan area of 3.28 Meters by 4.28 Meters at 5 Meters distance from the scanned object.
- CAD Model Resolution The M4000UW produces scans with resolutions down to 0.02MM depending on the distance from
the scanned object.
- All Digital Data  All data is transmitted to the surface or the AUV vis GigEthernet for permanete storage and later analysis.
- SS Construction  300 Series Stainless Steel.
Newton Labs developed and manufactures the M4000UW Underwater
Laser Scanner specifically to gather highly-accurate,sub-millimeter, non-contact
measurements in subsea eviroments.