1500 Meter Depth Rated Underwater Laser Scanner
Dual Usage Scanner:
- High Resolution Metrology: Underwater Scanner with Internal Scanning to provide Sub-Millimeter Accuracy
- Large Area Coverage: Fixed Laser Line combined with IMU Data for ROV/AUV Usage
1500 Meter Depth Rated Underwater Laser Scanner Measures With Sub-Millimeter Accuracy
The M1500UW underwater laser
scanner operates by optical triangulation. The projected laser line sweeps the target surface and the high-resolution camera,
centered on the target, captures any deformation of the line and sends the information to the control console where the Newton-developed
algorithms create and record a point cloud, enabling precise, post-session dimensioning using industry standard three-dimensional software.
Although specifically designed for use in fresh or salt water, these versatile scanners can also operate in air.
- Dual Usage The M1500UW can operate with a fixed laser line and IMU data as well as the standard internal high resolution scanning.
- Live Camera View The M1500UW, unlike other underwater laser scanners, contains a live operator camera view that greatly
simplifies scanning, shortens scanning time and increases accuracy.
- No Moving Parts Exposed to the Water The M1500UW is designed with all moving components fully contained
behind the pressure boundaries.
- Designed for Easy ROV/AUV Mounting The M1500UW requires only GigEthernet and 24VDC from the ROV/AUV at a very low current draw.
Convenient mounting pedestals and mounting pads allow for simple gripping or bolting to any ROV/AUV.
- Scan Area The M1500UW has a scan area of 3.28 Meters by 4.28 Meters at 5 Meters distance from the scanned object.
- CAD Model Resolution The M1500UW produces scans with CAD resolutions down to 0.02 MM depending on the distance from
the scanned object.
- All Digital Data  All data is transmitted to the surface or the AUV with GigEthernet for permanen storage and later analysis.
- Aluminum Construction  Aluminum hard seawater anodized.
Newton Labs developed and manufactures the M1500UW Underwater
Laser Scanner specifically to gather highly-accurate, sub-millimeter, non-contact
measurements in subsea environments.