Foreign Materials Exclusion (FME) Console
The FME Console is a highly-mobile, self-contained automated machine vision inventory system designed to automate and expedite proper FME (Foreign Material Exclusion) practices by identifying and tracking items entering and leaving an FME area.
The purpose of FME control is to
maintain the cleanliness and safety of open systems by preventing
the uncontrolled introduction of foreign material or components.
FME Console Subsystems
ID Card Recognition Capabilities:
- Reading a worker's image
- Corresponding ID barcode
- First and Last Name using optical character recognition
- Storage of this information to a database, accessible to other networked FME Cart units
- Worker ID information is cross-correlated
Tabletop Object Recognition:
- The robust, state-of- the-art object recognition software will work on anything that can fit on the illuminated tabletop.
- Even items such as keys, Allen key sets, tethered items with variable shapes will be correctly identified and tracked .
- The FME Console system is able to be deployed with a single master unit, with optional networked units to cover multiple entry and exit points
- An FME Area with multiple entrances and exits can keep track of items that enter and exit through different portals.